When you arrive a professional outfitter will tell you about
- the equipment your are renting;
- the features of the craft;
- how to wear a personal flotation device (pfd);
- the conditions you’ll encounter;
- where your trip starts and ends; and
- what to do if you have trouble
Outfitters renting paddlesports boats and equipment will provide all the basic equipment you will need for your trip. If you are not sure what they will provide and what they expect you to bring, just give them a call.
If you are renting a boat for a trip that is not guided, you will be responsible for your own safety on the water, so do some homework. Equipment you may see or hear about during your trip include:
This site is sponsored by America Outdoors Association. AOA and PPA unified in 2012. Outfitter and vendor memberships are available through AOA.